- Location details: Our office is located in Aldgate, London within easy walking distance of many of the key players in the Insurance and Reinsurance industry
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Number of positions: 1-2
- Vacancy type: Full-time internship for 6-8 weeks.
- Start date: 1 July 2024.
Marcuson Consulting specialises in Actuarial Consulting in the general insurance industry, and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Intern to join our team for Summer 2024. This internship is well suited to a talented individual who is looking to explore a rewarding career as a general insurance actuary, and could potentially lead to a return graduate offer.
You will typically be working on consulting or research projects, collaborating closely with other experienced team members and your clients to:
- Identify your clients’ problems;
- Assist in solving your clients’ problems, often via actuarial analyses and modelling;
- Ensure clients’ expectations are managed and met.
Why Marcuson Consulting?
We understand that job applications could take up considerable time in your crucial, final year of university. At the end of your internship, we may make you an offer if we believe you are a good fit with our company. Starting your career at Marcuson Consulting, you would benefit from:
- A competitive salary with a performance-related bonus;
- A competitive study package towards your Fellowship actuarial qualification from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (“IFoA”, http://www.actuaries.org.uk);
- Ample training opportunities, including formal and on-the-job training with highly experienced actuaries and one-to-one mentoring/coaching;
- Intellectual stimulation by our diverse range of consulting and secondment projects;
- A meritocratic, professional yet supportive culture, where we take pride in challenging one another’s opinions in a robust and respectful manner; and
- Working in small project teams, where you will collaborate directly with senior actuaries from day one.
Diversity and Inclusion
- We champion the value of diversity and inclusion. It is both good business and, most importantly, the right thing to do.
- We are committed to select candidates of the highest calibre, regardless of race, faith, gender, sexual orientation, age, social background and disability.
- 3 out of our 5 Senior Actuaries are female, offering a balanced perspective in recruitment, coaching and professional development.
We welcome all high-calibre candidates who are in the penultimate year of their undergraduate/postgraduate program to apply for the role.
- A student in his/her penultimate year, or a final-year student expected to pursue a one year postgraduate program in 2024-25;
- An excellent academic record is essential. This includes the following:
- On track to achieving a degree with a minimum of 2:1 from a leading university in a highly numerate subject; and
- Excellent results from ‘A’ Levels or equivalent.
- From your application and/or interview, you will need to demonstrate the following competencies and attributes:
- Problem solving and technical skills;
- IT skills (including Excel);
- Self-discipline and project management;
- Client focus and communication skills; and
- Interest in the sector and the role.
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Other attributes that are preferred but not essential:
- Work experience;
- Skills/experience in programming, database or statistical software (e.g. R, Python, SQL);
- Other relevant skills/experience that could add value to our team and business, from technical (e.g. data science) to softer skills (e.g. public speaking).
Please email your CV and covering letter to Maggie Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org), including why you are interested in the role and Marcuson Consulting.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis until the positions are filled, so early application is advisable.