- Base salary up to £85k + discretionary bonus
- Welcome applicants switching from in-house roles and other actuarial disciplines outside GI (eg Life, Pensions, Investment)
- Hybrid working – home working + City of London office
- Target competitive salary package
Marcuson Consulting specialises in Actuarial Consulting in the general insurance industry. Our clients choose us for our ability to solve the hardest problems, requiring both technical excellence and human sensitivity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Actuarial Analyst/Actuary to join our team. This permanent position is well suited to a talented individual with a minimum three years of actuarial experience, who is looking to develop a rewarding career as a GI Actuarial Consultant.
You will typically be working on 2-3 GI consulting or research projects at any one time, collaborating closely with another Senior Actuary and your clients. You will:
- Work with a variety of clients across personal, commercial and specialty lines
- Deliver GI consulting projects or short-term secondments and apply a wide range of actuarial skills to solve our clients’ problems. Our projects vary from traditional consulting projects (eg reserve review, capital model validation, audit support) to more specialist ones (eg Part VII transfer, expert witness, M&A, R&D projects)
- Increase management opportunities as you progress
- Part-qualified actuary with 3+ years actuarial experience
- Excellent academic track record: 2:1 or above in numerate degree from reputable university
- We would like someone who has many of the following attributes, but is also aware of his/her weak spots to develop and is eager to learn:
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, client-orientated, attention to detail, time management, interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
Why move to Marcuson Consulting?
Your career development is of paramount importance to us. At Marcuson Consulting, you will benefit from:
- More varied work – diverse types of projects and range of clients
- Higher visibility in a small specialist team – recognition of progress and achievements
- Work directly with leading industry figures
- Opportunity to move into GI
- Opportunities from the firm’s growth and expansion
- We value our employees and common sense rather than bureaucracy and rigid policies!
- We champion the value of diversity and inclusion. It is both good business and, most importantly, the right thing to do.
- We are committed to select candidates of the highest calibre, regardless of race, faith, gender, sexual orientation, age, social background and disability.
Please email your CV and covering letter (Word or PDF) to Maggie Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 28 February 2023.