- Location details: Our office is located in Aldgate, London within easy walking distance of many of the key players in the Insurance and Reinsurance industry
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Number of positions: 2 full-time permanent positions.
- Start date: September 2023 or before (we have opportunities for immediate start)
Marcuson Consulting specialises in Actuarial Consulting in the general insurance industry, and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Actuarial Analyst to join our team. This permanent position is well suited to a talented individual who is looking to start/develop a rewarding career as a general insurance actuary, to work with leading professionals and to solve clients’ problems from day one.
You will typically be working on 2-3 consulting or research projects at any one time, collaborating closely with other experienced team members and your clients to:
- Identify your clients’ problems;
- Solve your clients’ problems, often via actuarial analyses and modelling;
- Deliver advice to the end-users; and
- Ensure clients’ expectations are managed and met.
Why Marcuson Consulting?
Your career development is of paramount importance to us. At Marcuson Consulting, you will benefit from:
- A competitive salary with a performance-related bonus;
- A competitive study package towards your Fellowship actuarial qualification from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (“IFoA”, http://www.actuaries.org.uk);
- Ample training opportunities, including formal and on-the-job training with highly experienced actuaries and one-to-one mentoring/coaching;
- Intellectual stimulation by our diverse range of consulting and secondment projects;
- A meritocratic, professional yet supportive culture, where we take pride in challenging one another’s opinions in a robust and respectful manner; and
- Working in small project teams, where you will collaborate directly with senior actuaries from day one.
We welcome all high-calibre candidates to apply for the role, whether you are a recent graduate (e.g. 2022 or 2023), a graduate who already has some actuarial experience, or a graduate who wants to permanently switch from another field.
- An excellent academic record is essential. This includes the following:
- A degree with a minimum of 2:1 from a leading university in a highly numerate subject; and
- Excellent results from ‘A’ Levels or equivalent.
- From your application and/or interview, you will need to demonstrate the following competencies and attributes:
- Problem solving and technical skills;
- IT skills (including Excel);
- Self-discipline and project management;
- Client focus and communication skills; and
- Interest in the sector and the role.
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Other attributes that are preferred but not essential:
- Work experience, especially if it was in a related field (e.g. Actuarial, Finance, Consulting, Tech);
- Skills/experience in programming, database or statistical software (e.g. R, Python, SQL);
- Other relevant skills/experience that could add value to our team and business, from technical (e.g. data science) to softer skills (e.g. public speaking).
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including why you are interested in the role and Marcuson Consulting.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis until the positions are filled, so early application is advisable.